Don’t forget Stone Town Council has a lovely historic community centre located right next to the Rail Way.
There have been two stations at Stone, and both were opened by the North Staffordshire Railway. The first opened on 17 April 1848, and was next to the Newcastle Road bridge. With the opening of the Colwich line on 1 May 1849, the original station closed, being replaced the same day by the current station. The station was renamed Stone Junction in January 1888, but reverted to the original name Stone at some point between 1923 and 1947. The Colwich platforms were closed in 1947 and subsequently remove